Health status calculation

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
doctorized

Health status calculation

Post by doctorized »

I have a Samsung 840 PRO 128GB ssd drive and HD Sentinel refers as disk health 93%. I found in the help file file the SMART attributes that are used for the calculation but I cannot understand how this 93% is created. Only Reallocated Sectors Count is present and the data value is zero as you can see in the attachment. Also zero is Uncorrectable Error Count (is it "Off line uncorrectable sectors count" refferred in help file?). All other attributes are not present. Where did this 93% come from?
Attachments
disk.png
disk.png (23.19 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Health status calculation

Post by hdsentinel »

Please check the text description of the SSD (main window, Overview page).
That describes the current situation and shows which attribute is the source of the health - if the status is perfect and no errors detected.

As you may know, the memory cells in solid state devices experince wear during each write operations and each cells tolerate only a limited number of overwrite passes. Usually SSD manufacturers provide a generic health based on the usage, amount of written data (write/erase cycles) and so.

If there are no further problems found, Hard Disk Sentinel reads these attributes which determine the complete health of the solid state device.

In this case the 177 Wear leveling count is the corresponding attribute. As you can see, the Value is 93 for this now, which confirms the 93% health.

It is important that this value is not calculated by Hard Disk Sentinel, but calculated by the SSD itself.